Conference With the Family

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference weekend is always so great. How can I not be excited to hear what the prophet and all of his counselors have to say for me, right now at this time?! And usually it's a lot of fun to watch it with my family in April, but I won't lie... I really love being here and watching it with my friends while I'm here in October.

This year, we got together with our awesome FHE brothers and had breakfast and all watched it together. It was SO much fun! Aaron made us (literally...I'm not joking here) THE BEST cinnamon rolls I have ever had in my life. From scratch. And then we had hash brown and egg and cheesy egg roll things that I made. Yes, my husband and I are quite talented. Haha

Once our little children were all stuffed, we all just sat and enjoyed conference together...and just enjoyed each other's company! We played a game called What If or something, where you write a phrase starting with "What If" and then pass it to the next person who writes a conclusion. Then when you go around, person a reads their what if and person b answers with what is on the back of their's. Then person b reads their "what if" question and person c reads their statement. You get the point. Anyway, it got pretty...dang...hilarious. We're a pretty fun bunch. And we played a couple other games, including the Ha game. But pretty much, us girls stayed over there foreeeeeeeveeeeer just to hang out with our awesome brothers. We just hung out and talked (and cleaned up) and ate. That's right. I think we had almost every meal at their house today. It was just such a fun time! I don't know how the next round is gonna go tomorrow (since we have a relief society one planned) but I had so much fun today. It all had to end when the upstanding young gentlemen went to Priesthood session. And Alex and I went and sold ice cream at the Teriyaki Express all night. But they came to say hi to us, so really, it was an all day event. If you weren't there, you missed out my friend. Really missed out.

Anyway, I'm so so glad we did that. I just love my extra family to PIECES. Actually, to smidgens. Yeah that's right.

Thank you so much boys for letting us come over and invade your apartment for hours. WE sure love you. :)

Ps. So funny because I'm 99% sure at one point or another, we were all asleep. Tanner and John the most, those little precious snugglebugs. Not with each other! Oh man, that could get me in trouble. But. Snugglebugs none the less.

0 comments:

Post a Comment