"You're Gonna Be Here for the Next 4 Years..."

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I meant to write this blog like...two days ago. But my cousin and aunt are here...soooo...life is a party these days and I didn't have time. Haha

But I went to my [old] high school on Tuesday to work the make up picture day for Studio 94. [I take all the pictures of the high school kids for their yearbook and ID card photo. Anyway] One word: WEIRD.

Everything is sooo different than the way I remembered it! I mean, not JUST remember, but it actually IS different! It was so weird to see all my normal "spots" either not there or look so different. Here. Let me give you a little tour...

(You can click on the pictures to make them bigger to read it. I didn't realize they'd be so small on here!)





That was the most depressing one. The lunch tables. Gone. Sooo many memories from high school took place at those gross tables: notes being handed out at break that were written in the previous class instead of taking actual notes, backpacks tied to them so when you tried to grab it to go to class (as the security guards came screaming while walking towards you) your arm nearly ripped off, birthdays (that was something all on it's own), weekend plans were made, catching up of course, and the obvious stalking you'd try to do without being obvious. Those were the days. Now they're replaced with these stupid outdoor-mall-eating-area ugly type tables. How could they?!?! Why don't they just rip my heart out!?

Anyway, it was very nostalgic to see my old high school. It's weird how much of my life I feel like I lived there and I really grew up there. Yet now, I've been out of Murrieta Valley for just as long as I went to school there! So weird. I'm such an old timer. Weird! I hope you kiddies enjoy it while you can! A lot of people say they hated high school but I honestly had the best time. Some of my favorite memories lie right there in that ugly school. Haha Love it.

1 comments:

Rachel Rae said...

They changed the colors cuz apparently, the Nighthawk with those same colors, were the same somewhere else.. so the other place was suing them. I sort of knew about the changes being done.... but i had NO clue it looked even close to that. A lot of that was started, when i went there. I had the prison gates for my Sr year, and that panel thing over the outside of the theater.... NO clue tho about the rest. Makes me never wanna go back. I wanna cherish MY high school the way it WAS... too foreign now. :(

Post a Comment