New Years! Bring On 2012!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Highlights from 2011

Greatest lesson learned: Just tell it how it is. Don't try to make everyone feel bad. Just be completely honest.

Hardest thing of the year: Rachel quitting school. I don't know if it was school pride or my guilt that I should've been there with her more. She might've stayed had I given her the time of day.

Favorite memory: Well there's quite a few. But I can narrow it down to these for now...
-tanning with Alex
-CABIN TRIP, 'nuff said.
-pulling pranks with my roommates
-going to random places I've never been before
-dance parties...seriously. Without these, my days would've never have gotten better
-Ben's Manhood Trip
-Being there for nephew's birthday
-Working at Mango Tango with Rachel
-Skype played a BIG part of my year
-Camping in Boise
-The bike ride in Boise
-Just Dance at Nick's house
-Thanksgiving trip with James
-General Conference with my awesome FHE family
-Scroll Digital, especially filming the show!!
-Dessert competitions with my FHE family
-Playing truth or dare until the early morning
-Glow in the Dark Hide and Seek with Ben
-Watching terrifying clips from scary movies with Andrea (then watching Mormon Messages to feel better)
-Walking around, playing Hide and Seek in a dark giant cabin
-Getting attacked my two murderers in the cabin
-Talking a long, dark, scary walk with Alex and James & James scaring the CRAP out of us
-Staying out ALL night long for Nick's birthday
-Hanging out with James and his roommates
-Making homemade Touscana soup with Aaron
-Johnny's JamCakes

Okay okay, I'll stop there. I didn't realize how LONG that sucker was gettting!

What I loved most about 2011: It was an amazing year. I did a whole lot of growing up, that's for sure. My best friend and I are closer than ever and I couldn't ask for a better person to share everything with. She's amazing in every way and I strive to be just like her.

I also met the perfect gentleman of a cowboy and who is the Lamar to my Khloe. Haha (Sorry, it's been a while since I had a K-dash reference) The smile to my face, the tune to my song and all that other lovey-dovey stuff. Haha
And education-wise, I learned a LOT. In my classes, I was actually absorbing everything and realizing this is what I'm meant to do because I just absolutely LOVE it!! And of course, my testimony grew tremendously, especially being the Relief Society president and I am so blessed to be in such an amazing place where I can feel the spirit and people are just so nice and friendly. I have President Clark and great teachers and a great bishopric all looking out for me and I pray more that I may have ever before. Plus, I am really starting to figure myself out. Plus I had SO many friends get married and have babies! I am so happy for everyone.

Looking forward to 2012

Want to learn: More skills. Technical skills. Piano, guitar, sewing, etc.

Want to get better at: exercising...EVERYDAY. And becoming a better chef.

Biggest goal: Lose. That. Weight. And be the best Maid of Honor ever!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment