An Ad Can Change Everything?

Friday, April 6, 2012

I was watching a youtube video today and this advertisement for Mormon.org came on. Normally, I just skip right over them, but this one caught my attention for obvious reasons.

It was about the atonement and the affect it has had on other people's lives. I can definitely relate.

Anyway, when you click on it, it takes you to a page you can share your testimony through your facebook. I wrote a little something there and I thought I'd share what I wrote here too. Just so we're all on the same page about where I stand.

Life is chock full of fast, unexpected changes. Some are pretty easy, some are really difficult. Things change, and people change. But the one thing that has ALWAYS stayed constant in my life is the love I literally can feel from my Savior, Jesus Christ. It hasn't mattered what painful mistakes I've made or if I've veered off a little or become relaxed in the things I should be doing daily. I have never, ever been let down when I've needed Him. He has ALWAYS reached my reaching and that has made all the difference for me. I can feel that I am indivdual and important person, not just a face in a congregation. When I have felt at my lowest (you know, the days when you can't face any one or anything?) I know that my Savior knows everyone makes mistakes. It's those giant bear hugs from my elder brother that pushes me through it all.

To know that I am so loved and appreciated and that my life is worth something and means more to me than any material object or worldly fad that our tiny, limited minds come up with here in this small moment we call "life."

Even when I don't think I deserve it, the Lord completely changes my way of thinking and shows me that I'm not alone. And that keeps me so happy and okay with any unexpected turns. For me, it's not just a lifestyle, but a way of enjoying the blessed life I get to have, and knowing that there is always a way out and things will turn around. I thank my Heavenly Father for that everyday.

I try to set an example, but I don't have all the right answers and I'm not perfect. I'm not. My religion and beliefs and my church are. So if you have ANY questions, you really should check out the website. Come and see for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment