Family

Monday, May 7, 2012

I heard this quote in Family Foundations today. My first thought was how good peanut butter sounded at the time. (I've had this weird craving for it lately. I actually ate a few spoonfuls the other night! Right out of the jar! I've officially lost ALL respect for keeping my body in good shape) But after I came to my senses, I wrote it right down.

When Satan wants to disrupt the work of the Lord, he doesn’t poison the world’s peanut butter supply, thus bringing the Church’s missionary system to its collective knees. He doesn’t send a plague of laryngitis to afflict the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He doesn’t legislate against green Jell-O or casseroles. When Satan truly wants to disrupt the work of the Lord, he attempts to confuse gender and he attacks God’s plan for His children. He works to drive a wedge of disharmony between a father and a mother. He entices children to be disobedient to their parents. He makes family home evening and family prayer inconvenient. He suggests family scripture study is impractical. That’s all it takes, because Satan knows that the surest and most effective way to disrupt the Lord’s work is to diminish the effectiveness of the family and the sanctity of the home.

(It's from M. Russell Ballard's talk, The Sacred Responsibilities of Parenthood in case you were wondering) 


 That is so true! If you think about it, the family is the nerve center to what makes a person who they are! It is in the home with our families that we are taught how to be with people and interact with them, but also where we develop our morals and personalities. It is where we learn and grow in the principles taught by the Lord's leaders. It is where we learn to be leaders and where we learn how to love. It only makes sense that Satan would have to get to the root of it all so that he could poison all the roots.

I've been really nervous about starting a family (I think anyone who knows me knows this) but taking this class has really helped me to see that I'm not really seeing the big picture. I have so much to learn and my perceptions have already changed so much!...And I like it!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it! LOVE IT!

Post a Comment