Shawty, Fire Burnin on the 4th Floor

Thursday, May 17, 2012

There was a FIRE in our complex today!!! Holy smokes (pun intended) it was so scary!! I had just gotten out of the shower and gotten dressed. I sat down to eat some of my healthy brownies (yep, it's true. Here's the recipe if you want it!) and put my make-up on when all of the sudden this BLARING noise literally starts screaming in my ears! It was SO loud and obnoxious and we all had to exit the building. Well Nathaly and I were out there for like 45 minutes before she had to leave for class and since it was getting late and I was not going to be able to get ready and leave for class, I called Rachel Robinson, who is one of my wonderful producers for Scroll Digital, and she told me to take pictures and do a story (eventually, she zoomed on over with a camera since I had none. Thank goodness!) We were all outside for the LONGEST time. The sprinklers went off in that apartment and the firemen had to spray it too so there was water coming out of the building (you can see it in this picture on the left, under that silver car and beyond) and there were like 5 fire trucks coming around. It was just all so crazy. We've had a somewhat false alarm before and had to exit out (I wasn't there but apparently it wasn't that big of a deal and all they did was burn chicken and set the smoke alarms off) but this one was full blown. Cops. Firemen (all balding except for the precious little intern we interviewed).


If you want to see the story for Scroll Digital, click here. It tells you what happened and shows how ANNOYING those alarms really are. Picture them going off for like an hour and a half. And blaring right in your room while you are just minding your own business. So crazy. I live in quite the action-packed complex.

0 comments:

Post a Comment