Moving Right Along Down the Bucket List...

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I got to help pull off an engagement today!!! Oh my heck, it was so much fun!! (Although, I have to say, the suspense was killing even me! I can't imagine how poor Jake was feeling all day!) We had my amazing, hilarious, sweet, beautiful roommate, Thais, believe I had to do a story on her (about how she is from Brazil) for my class and it was urgent because it was last minute. So we (me, Jake, Thai, Grant, and Alex) all get set up in the Crossroads for a nice little friend meal and I started filming Thai, asking her about how things are different here than in Brazil. Then I went into dating life here at BYUI ("Are you dating someone?"..."How has Jacob changed your life here?" etc) Unbeknownst to Thais, her ring was sitting in the little bag of peanut M&Ms that Jake was holding, but every time he offered her some, she shook her head politely...We all held our breaths...after wrapping up the "interview," Jake finally is holding the ring behind the bag and pulls it out to show her. She gasped, he got on one knee, they exchange a moment (I was so sad you couldn't hear ANYTHING) and ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom, they are engaged!! And you'd think in a public area, there'd be a lot of attention, right? No. Grant, Alex, and I all clapped and cheered and only two other guys at a nearby table glanced in our direction long enough to know what was going on and they clapped a bit. It was so fun though!! Thais said she was sooo nervous about the interview and could not BELIEVE Jake was eating M&Ms in the middle of it. So hilarious. She said she absolutely had NO idea and that she thought it was going to be tomorrow (Friday) Anyway, I am SO happy and excited for these little preciouses and I LOVED talking to Thais about all night long. She is so happy and excited. :) Congratulations guys!! Thanks for letting me be a part of your fun day and I can't wait to edit the video into something amazing for your wedding!! Wee!!

You can't see the ring very well, but mark my words: GORGEOUS.
In other news, MATT YIM GOT HIS MISSION CALL!!!!! He is going to Beliz, El Salvador!! I know, everyone better watch out because he's coming. This guy is going to shake up the mission!

0 comments:

Post a Comment