Rapids and Wrecks

Saturday, June 16, 2012

It was quite the interesting day today.

For our ward activity, we all went to Rexburg Rapids! There weren't that many people at first, so everyone was kind of bummed, but then later so many more came, including all the bishopric! Last spring when they opened, I had thought about going, but Bronson, Alex, Ben and I had all decided it looked pretty lame and would be fun if we were like 4 years old. So I never ended up going. 

However, when you are reaaaally bored on a weekend, you reconsider a lot of options and I decided that I was going to go with my cute little roommates, Taylor and Nathaly. And it actually turned out to be pretty fun! We went straight for the slide when we got there (which turned out to be a great decision on our part because don't let this picture fool you--it got cold and it got windy) and we floated around on the lazy river a few times...plus, everyone brought lots of food so we all had fun munching on chips and homemade fortune cookies and getting to know people in our ward! I was so glad they asked me to go with them because it really was a good time!

But.

Then when I was sitting down--eating, talking, and trying to dry off--Scott (who was sitting across from me) noticed that my phone was ringing. Good thing he told me or I wouldn't have saw it. James was calling me, which was weird because he was supposed to be out mountain biking with his best friend, Jacob Pitt, and a few other people. So I answered and right away, by James's voice, I could tell something was wrong. It was pretty windy and I had to keep asking him to repeat himself, to which he said "Would you mind going somewhere you could actually hear me please?" and James has never talked like that before. So I go off and he told me the worst news.

Jacob had been going off a jump and crashed...hard. He had been wearing a helmet and everything, but he was knocked unconscious. They had to life flight him out to the hospital in Idaho Falls and everything. James was calling to tell me that it didn't look good so he would be at the hospital the rest of the night. It was soooo sad and scary. If you knew Mr. Jacob Pitt, you would know that he is just a hilarious ball of energy. So when James sent me this picture, my heart totally sank to the bottom of my stomach. I'll keep you updated, but today definitely took a turn for the worst. Pray for this little guy.

2 comments:

BRCanfield said...

Even if he's already okay again, Blair and I will pray for him :( hang in there, little guy

Qiarra said...

Is he better now!? Now that I know this I will be praying ): Everything will be okay!

Post a Comment