Five On the Fourth

Friday, July 6, 2012

 If you know me at all, you know that the Fourth of July is SO much fun for me. In fact, I made not only James wear red, white, and blue, but his dear little roommates also all walked out that door wearing red, white, and blue. (Well, I wasn't the only one encouraging it so that's a relief!) I love the fireworks, I love the colors, I love the music, I love the food, the celebrating...just everything. But especially the fireworks.
Yeah, I know. His pictures were WAY better. But this is the best I got with my phone.
So me, James, Brandon, Whitney, and Matt all went down to Idaho Falls for a fun-filled day of celebrating! And not just the patriotic kind, but it was Whitney's birthday too!

First, we visited Jacob in the hospital, and he is doing great. The last time James and I had seen him was about a week earlier and he was doing so good then too, but he didn't really smile and couldn't really maintain eye contact. Plus he was pretty antsy and couldn't stay in one place and wasn't making a whole lot of sense, but we could understand what he was trying to say. This time was MUCH better.

He was awake and about and was back to teasing James just like they would before the accident! He was making perfect sense, smiling, laughing...it was so awesome. And James didn't come right out and say it, but I saw him light up. He was so happy with Jacob's progress and that his friend was doing SO well. He's recovering faster than any of us thought! So thank you all for your prayers and keep them coming! :)
Look how handsome he is...okay okay, that's enough checkin him out.
Then we headed to Idaho Falls to find a parking spot before it got too crazy. We'd stopped at Subway to grab some food to eat there and Brandon knew this family who lived RIGHT by the river and roped off their property for their friends and family to sit. And they knew Brandon so they let us sit there! It was awesome. Prime parking for our little bums. And I enjoyed my Meatball Marinara despite all those disgusting bugs trying to get in my nose. We went exploring too, which was cool. They had a ton of little booths for all kinds of food. Pretty much anything you wanted, you could find it there.

Once we were going to pass out from the heat, we decided to come back. There was an older couple that was DJ-ing for the whole block pretty much (interesting choice of old music that I couldn't tell if I loved or hated) and they were eventually asked to play some other music that was a little more trendy. That was fun. I was the only one that got up there and danced with complete strangers, but it was so fun! Then, some of the family members that owned the home (who I forgot to mention--everyone sitting on that lawn was Hawaiian or Poly looking. So fun) got up and did some dancing for us! They were SO amazing! It reminded me of back home, when we would have luau stake dances and President Beck would bring his sons & cousins and teach us all the Haka. It was great.

Eventually the fireworks started and Matt & I just gawked at how awesome they were while James snapped away on his camera. (Brandon and Whitney sat behind us) The Idaho Falls show is always the way to go. It's HUGE, longer, and there are SOOO many fireworks. They literally light up the sky. I don't know if he was kidding, but James said you could probably see them from Rexburg! Then, us tired little guys all went home and went to sleep. So lame we had school the next morning. I guess you win some and lose some.
Happy Fourth of July!

0 comments:

Post a Comment