Obviously Oblivious

Monday, July 9, 2012

We all know that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. In different ways, at one point or another, he has proved that to us. Or maybe it's not a "sense of humor" so much, but the way he goes about teaching something. I was reading our Family Foundations assignment and then I saw this.


And I had to double check that, but yep. That's him, calling me out. And this isn't the first time.

Side story: James and I were both in class one time and asked our teacher about when he proposed to his wife. He told us they were talking after his mission, after they'd been dating for only a short while, and the subject came up. And she told him it would be better to wait a little while. Well his heart sank because he had the ring in his pocket!! So a few days passed by and he was thinking about it and he was confused. So he decided he was just going to ask her anyway. It would make her feelings for him very clear. So he did! And she said yes and that she only said to wait because she thought that's what he wanted to hear! James told me that's what he was going to do and I freaked out. It was kind of our joke (although, I don't think he thought it was a funny one) Fast forward: our teacher was conducting a panel discussion for our class. We always sit pretty close to the front, so we know Brother (Elder?) Chambers saw us. He asked the people up on the stand when is a good time to pop the question. And James and I both looked at each other, knowing he was asking for us. (One of them answered that you should take the girl on a nice picnic by a river. Then, walk across the river and push her in. If she comes up smiling, you should marry her. If she doesn't...you should run. Haha!)

Heavenly Father knows that we (He & I) have been talking (and obsessing) about different things and he doesn't joke around when he wants me to get something through my thick head, let me tell you. I think it's fun when he sends little messages to me here and there to let me know he knows. He gets it. And he also knows I am pretty stubborn so need to remember that I just need to just let him answer me in his own ways, in his own time. Gosh, where would I be without this gospel?!

The article goes on to say some really beautiful things. (Obviously. I mean, it's come straight from the mouths of seriously spiritual in tune men and women!) So I suggest you students take that class and do NOT take everything you read and hear with a grain of salt.

Anyway, there it is people. You want to know what suddenly made me change my mind about waiting? I guess among other things, it's the big, fat hint from my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

WHHHHATTTT??? January then??? or sooner??

Unknown said...

January girlfriend. :)

Post a Comment