Finances Vs. Final Cut Pro

Thursday, April 21, 2011

You know what makes me feel super creepy? Sitting in the library, looking at everyone else's computer screens. I'm actually fascinated by what everyone else is learning! One guy over here (yes I am doing this as we speak) is just sittin back, relaxing, while reviewing this intense looking PowerPoint about finances! Uh, I took the easiest finance class and you better believe I was not sitting back, relaxing. More like sitting three inches from the screen, reading the same paragraphs over and over, flipping through page after page, and getting bald spots all over my head. So. I should give him a high five right this second. But…obviously, I’m not that weird….most of the time. There’s other people who are writing long papers, watching required videos (it looks like a war documentary! Nice.) or writing lengthy responses to class blogs. But all of it looks so cool! It’s so crazy to think we are all here at the same school, but we are learning all kinds of different things based on what we like or are good at. We all start out kiiind of the same, but by the second semester here, everyone is at completely different points in their life! Finance guy liked that stuff that made me want to shoot myself. I personally like people watching and learning how to approach them and give them information about what’s going all around. Federal loans vs. Final Cut Pro. It’s just crazy.

I’m such a people watcher though. I definitely picked the BEST major/minor for myself and I can’t even describe how excited I am about my classes. In fact, in like 30 minutes, I get to go to my most favorite class of the semester I think: Interpersonal Communications. The first day, we all sat in a circle and took turns going around the room learning interesting facts about each other! Well, you know, after going through the syllabus. Which, by the way, was hilarious! And he gave us this lesson that I cannot WAIT to share if I ever get to be a gospel doctrine teacher again. But it seemed to go by so fast and I learned a lot about everybody. One girl told how she was “so happy to have hair again” because she had cancer and a couple semesters before, she would go to school one day as a blonde, and another day as a red head! So that made me really think. Another guy shared that he organized a play and donated every single cent made to a charity he and his friend started after their friend was murdered. Whoa, right?! And I get selfish about making sure my money stays mine. I’m already learning so much and I can’t WAIT to see what else this class has in store for me.

I also love having a sociology minor. Because I feel like once I learn about minorities and poverty in my Soc classes, I can better communicate with numerous types of people from multiple backgrounds. I can’t wait. I have a VERY good feeling about this semester. Best yet? It’s definitely shaping up to look that way….

3 comments:

A Self-Proclaimed Explorer of the World said...

i know this will sound so crazy, but after reading your post i knew i had to comment! I was sitting next to you in the library and like you I was looking around at the other screens and I saw you blogging and was curious to know what the stranger next to me had to blog about I read your blog-name-thing and figured if I remembered i could check it out and after reading that post i think its very ironic! anyways I've taken sociology classes too and find people interesting hince why I was screen peeking and blog reading. anyways, I hope you don't think this is odd haha C:

Unknown said...

Awww! Yes!!! That is so funny! And don't worry, not odd at all. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Haha

Aimee said...

Since I confessed that I read your blog, I feel like I can comment now! I just HAVE to say how hilarious you are for creeping on other people's screens. LOVE it!

Post a Comment