Take me out to the ball game..

Saturday, April 9, 2011


FINALLY!!! I have officially been to an official game of sporting manner. Yes, it was only a Storm game, but who cares?! I'm easing into it. Haha


Qiarra was supposed to perform with her school's band at the game, but since it was raining and FREEZING, they cancelled it...maybe just postponed. Either way, we still bought three tickets so we still were going to go. My mom was sweet enough to give up her ticket to me since I have never been to any sort of game (not baseball, football, basketball, soccer...I mean with pros playing. High school games definitely do not count) and REALLY REALLY wanted to go. A Storm game sufficed! It was SO much fun!!! I kept telling them "Oh my gosh, you guys! This is SO much fun!" every four minutes and baseball is actually one game that I know a lot about (whereas sometimes watching football...I say some pretty crazy things. I'll admit it. I'm trying!) [And actually, no comments about halftime in baseball. Just drop it. I've definitely learned my lesson] But I was also excited because I haven't really had a daddy/daughter date in quite a while. Probably since the dance in 5th grade. But not just that, but the people all around us were super into the game, so it helped us get into the game even more! I was yelling "Charge" with everyone, stood proudly to sing Take Me Out to the Ball Game, and my cute little daddy even bought us all the fixins-a pretzel (WITH cheese), hot chocolate to keep our innerds warm, and even a carton of cotton candy. It was so awesome. I loved every single minute. The ONLY rain on my parade (yes, pun intended) was seriously how FREEZING cold it was since it had JUST rained. By the 4th inning, I lost feeling in every single toe. By the 7th inning stretch, it was actually getting really painful for Qiarra and I (Dad was such a trooper and tried to keep us from shivering by tucking us totally into our seats) and we ended up leaving. AND! Unfortunately, they came and picked me up from work so I hadn't changed or anything, including bringing a camera. :( That was such a mistake. This is the only picture we took-from Qiarra's cell. The other two, my cute little dad took on his cell phone and sent them to mine, but that's as far as they'll get sadly. Watching him take them was seriously adorable, especially when he turned to me and said "Now you can remember your first game." I love my daddy. It meant a lot to me that he realized that it was a big deal to me, even if it may not have been for others. We drove home listening to the game-don't worry, they won! But it was seriously a night I will never forget. My first game with my dad and talented little sis. :) (Que the "Awww")

0 comments:

Post a Comment