Hoppy Easter!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I have had SUCH an incredible weekend!!! Truly. Want to hear all about it? Okay!

Friday: Well, Friday night all of our roommates had other plans (dates, homework, etc) so Alex and I decided to have a date all our own. We went to Sammy's and got DELICIOUS burgers (well, Alex got grilled cheese) and their bomb-diggity sweet potato fries that I have been CRAVING!! For dessert, we went to the Cocoa Bean, where we both got SUCH yummy cupcakes!!!! Well, and they had a special so we got drinks too. We were feeling SO fat and full, so we went home and got into our pj's and snuggled up to watch Selena and were interrupted a couple times by people coming in. So we didn't finish up. But fiiinally all my WONDERFUL roommates came home and we were all talking until finally it was just Heidi and I and we talked until 3 in the morning. Haha I'd say quite a great night.
Alex has the Party In Your Mouth cupcake. Mine is the Dirty Turtle cupcake. SO amazing!

Then on Saturday, Alex and I woke up and I talked to my grandma for a bit and then we went to the gym and worked off everything we ate the day before. Haha Ps-We have been working out every single day for at least an hour and a half. I expect you to be shocked with the results soon enough! Anyway, then we came home and decided to make banana pancakes...even though it was like 1:30 in the afternoon. Great choice. Wait, back up. A long time ago, we decided that we were going to do Easter baskets for each other. So after breakfast, we all drew names! Well, then we were invited to an Easter egg hunt a couple apartments down at 107 at 6 so we showered and everything and at 6:30, we headed over there. Granted, we seemed late, but like 10 minutes before that, we saw people heading over there so we assumed we were okay! But. We weren't. So we scrambled up to campus and saw a group walking down from campus and they said it was on campus, so we started to run up there, until they said you had to be on a team and we didn't have any of the clues. Clues? Yep. It was a scavenger hunt. Definitely missed a giant chunk of the rules. Haha But they let us join their team. (Team Katie, Jared, Ben, Jeff, me, Alex, and Heidi) So we ran around campus like a chicken with our heads cut off until we finally got to a clue and got stuck. For a good 45 minutes. After that, it wasn't fun anymore and we called for directions, which ended up being to "just head back to 107." Then! When we got there, apparently we'd lost. Well they let us know: this guy kept pushing a box of Drumsticks towards us so finally, I was like "Don't mind if I do!" and Alex & I both took one. Well, then the head girl mumbled something, but neither of us heard her. It took everyone looking at the two of us and a couple seconds for me to realize she said "Oooh. The Drumsticks are for the winners." and they made us hand them back over!! They ended up giving us a bag of Hershey kisses, which we used later. We decided after getting lost AND losing that we would just do our own on Sunday and set the plans! Anyway, then Heidi, Alex, and I all went over to the Dollar Store and K-Mart to get things to make our Easter baskets! When we got back, it was time to eat and head off to the "Dance In the Hart!" I think we looked rather cute, wouldn't you say?

Well, we must have because we were dancing our brains out and having soooo much fun, and people just kept coming over to join our little threesome group and before we know it, we literally had 15 or 16 people all dancing with us! It was pretty awesome. :) We didn't stay for the whole thing, we ended up leaving about an hour into it, because Alex and some of our other friends were all waiting for us to head over to Alex Young's house to go swim!!

I couldn't get a picture of us until we were all wet and in the bathroom. I know, depressing. And Holli Harris is in the shower to our left. Haha But she was there! Along with Chase, Logan, Derek, Matt (Logan's new roommate), and one other guy. But we played in the pool until the lights got shut off on us at 11:00. SO funny too because literally as Chase JUST finished saying "Hey guys, the pool closes at 11," the lights shut off. So we jumped out. But after that, we were nowhere near tired, so we got home, snacked, and then Heidi, Alex and I went about stuffing our eggs we bought to do our own egg hunt on Sunday!

Sunday morning (EASTER! Hoppy Easter everyone!!!) we all were getting ready and took a couple minutes in the morning to get these cute little guys:

Mine is the second from the right from Alex and I made the very left one for Andrea. It was SO great to do a cute little thing as an apartment. We're already so close, I can't even believe it. I feel like I've known these girls my whole life. We can all be our goofy selves and we just laugh ALL the time. We love hanging out together and I cannot believe how well we all get along. I'm so so so blessed to have such amazing girls as my roommates. I truly can't say enough nice things about them. I love them to death.

Okay okay, enough mush. I get it. But today, we all went to church and had such a great day! The bishopric gave introductory talks and all were so great. I love those guys. I've missed them. Then Alex taught Sunday school and did SUCH a great job! She was such a natural. Owned that lesson about how Christ is the Light of the World like a pro. And Katelyn did a great job teaching about friendship in Relief Society. I feel like we are going to be quite a tight-knit ward. I can't wait!!! After church, cute little apartment 15 in Bunkhouse invited us over for dinner (we had chicken alfredo-AMAZING. Best I've had in a while) and we all got to know each other a little better, which was nice because I only knew like 2 of them. [ps-their names are James (er "Jimmer") Jacob, Jeff, Jared, Brad and Bryce. So. The J's took some remembering. Haha] Fast forward to when Heidi, Alex, and I all headed over to Porter Park and split up the eggs to hide them and then Jeff and Cami came and joined us. Just about when we were running out of eggs, the rest of apartment 15 cames scampering up. We gathered around and were waiting for Andrea when these little kids (who had already "found" two eggs) came over and Jared invited them to join us. They were BEYOND excited.
Before...
After...And of course, when we got back to our apartment, we found this...again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment