Surfs Up!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Oh my gosh, today was AWESOME!! What an awesome last day in my love, California.

So today, Erin, Mike, and I are all sitting around talking and eating pancakes for breakfast (because there was literally NOTHING else-no milk, no bread, nothin) and we were talking about seeing the Martins, who are visiting and going to Huntington Beach today. Well, Erin and Mike didn't want to drive aaall the way over there (2 hours I'm pretty sure). So I'm sitting there, texting, and Erin says "Poor Ash. She's wanted to go to the beach so bad before she left for school." And Mike says "Well let's go!" Now, you know the Thompsons. Spontaneity is not exactly what they are known for. So you better believe I was SO excited when we actually got going and ready to leave! BEST part was that Alex and her cute mom came!!! The weather was soo warm and nice! Everyone was in a good mood, the water was FREEZING, but fun, and Alex and I even went to Ruby's on the end of the pier to get shakes! Just like the old days. Love it. [Although we literally BURNED the crap out of our feet (in addition to my INSANELY painful sunburn!!) Seriously. It really hurts to walk barefoot. I'm dumb and forgot shoes and Alex, being the best friend in the world, decided she wouldn't wear them either-lesson learned.]

Anyway, I am just so blessed to have such awesome people in my life and to live in SUCH a BEAUTIFUL place! We had so much fun just playing in the water, talking with each other, gabbing to and fro the whole way there and back. It was just so so so much fun. I'm SO glad we all went together. What an awesome way to end my time here.

Yes, I know, this is sounding repetitive. But short story-Mason was HILARIOUS in the water. Through his four year old shivers, he was standing right in front of me so that I could lift him to jump the waves, and he would say things like "1, 2, 3, 4, SANTAAA!! That means 'jump' in Spanish Aunt Ashwee." (which is actually close; it's salto! He's a genius!) and "I CAN'T DO THIS BY MYSELF!" and "I think I am going to jump on fishies..." I loooove being an auntie. Goodness gracious do I love my life. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment