"Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable"

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I CAN'T FIND MY CAMERA!!!!

Guys. This is bad. I take pictures of every living thing and now, it's GONE!!! Siiiiiiiiigh. Well. Alas. There will be hardly ANY pictures on this post. My sincerest apologies since I know that's the only way I can get someone to last a whole post.

So who else LOVES Conference?! *raises hand* Oh man. It's the most wonderful time of the year!! (Oh.....that's Christmas?....Whoops) I love it. Yes, of course it is AWESOME to stay in my pj's and get to still "go to church" but that's not the reason I adore it so much. It's because there's ALWAYS (yes, this is a tried and true fact) a talk that is tailored to me. One talk that is written with my name blurred in the author's mind. In fact, sometimes I get a little embarrassed. It's like I'm being publicly called out by Heavenly Father...but in secret. You can spot them-just watch for when I'm taking notes like a freakin stenographer*. You can't miss it.

*(By the way, Alex, the beginning of this this totally reminds me of that time in Cult Anthro when that girl was SUPER annoyed by your typing. Hahaha)

Anyway, the whole day was really great. Rachel and I woke up and smelled breakfast being started and were asked to help finish it up-my job was the cinnamon (YES, we had not only normal warm, perfectly NOT burned cinnamon rolls, BUT also orange rolls. Yeah. That's right) rolls and then we had the partial Welchs come over (3/6) and we all sat and watched conference together.

It was so cute. We all sat and watched, Rachel and I took notes, and the kids colored (Carter showed me his masterpiece-a book they got in primary and he'd drew a picture of every single speaker on a page. It was SO cute) and then Paul & Makayla went home. So we all did separate things until the next session came along. Then we all sat down together once again. I could not take notes fast enough this conference. I love it. There is no better feeling than knowing that the men who are on the watchtower for us are giving me advice that they came up with, on their own, after talking to our Father in Heaven. I am so blessed to have the gospel not just as a part of my life, but as my lifestyle. "It's not easy to be a Latter-Day Saint. But in the long run, it is the only course." I can't imagine how people get through their tough times while questioning if there is a God. It's all around. I can't deny it, not one bit. If you've never been invited to attend a conference viewing or missed it this time, this is what you missed out on.


I hope that when I have a family, I can instill the same love for Conference as I have. It really is a treasure to me to be able to be renewed through these men. To have someone tell me I'm doing well, that sure there are things I can improve on, but nothing is hard when you have the Lord and a desire. I just feel so so blessed. I absolutely love this gospel. It's that simple for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment