Knowledge Gaps

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Everyone has knowledge gaps. You know, something you were supposed to learn at one point, but never did?

Ok, yes, this is something I got from How I Met Your Mother. But like I always say, it's SO true!


I've had a few recently.
"Case IN point," which my entire life I've said "Case AND point" (and also that it's "intents and purposes," not "intensive purposes")
I have absolutely NO idea how to change a tire
I can't pick out produce for my life
I really don't know what the point of a compass is so I don't know how to use them
I pin buttons and jeans back together
I still get confused with the rules of laundry
I am (minus 12 year old Qiarra) THE only one in my fam who cannot drive stick properly
I never learned how to whistle. And it's getting just sad watching me try to learn.

Luckily, I'm not the only one...
Rachel thought that Turtle Soup was ACTUALLY made with turtles
Erin still can't exactly speel spell eeeverything right (but she might get it from my dad, who thought immediate was spelled something like emediate haha)
And Qiarra didn't learn until just recently that you can't put foil in the microwave-yeah. That was fun.

But I think it's fun to watch these things come out in the open. It's makes people way more fun to be around and real! I'm just saying I'm glad people aren't perfect. How boring would that be? (Sorry to steal your thunder Brad Paisley) So I'm going to start thanking Heavenly Father for imperfections instead of getting annoyed or sad or frustrated about them.

That's it. That's all I wanted to say. I think my blog is weird, but maybe slightly entertaining? Who knows. Sorry to you 3 people that read this. Haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment