The Cherry On My Sunday

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gosh, I absolutely adore Sundays.

Every single week I come back and feel so renewed. Trusting in my potential, role, and direction all over again, and it makes me feel recommitted. Lately, I've felt like things have kind of just plateaued for me. I haven't been doing anything much except working and waiting for school to start back up. I've also been trying to get that same spirit for myself here that is felt up there in Rexburg. That's what I think I miss more than anything. But it's getting there.

One thing I love love love to do is to watch the Mormon Messages. They always make my day and I especially love to watch them on Sunday. Recently it was on my mind why it seems that everyone who I once knew and became rebellious at some point always seemed to be having nothing but awesome and amazing things happening to them. I won't lie, it got a little on my nerves. But I try to push those kinds of thoughts out of my head, because it really does me no good and there's nothing I can do about it. Well Rachel said something about it a few days ago and it made me think back to something my mom said that plays over a lot in my head. She said something along the lines of "People can seem blessed in this life, but it's the blessings in the next life that you're working towards. Those are the ones that count." Yeah, I'm sure having lots of money and partying all the time might be fun, but it really doesn't matter if in the next life, I can't look the Lord in the eyes and have Him say "You've done well."

And the Lord knew exactly what to say, as always. When I was watching some of the messages today, I came across this one...



"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."

I know that amazing things happen to me too. I love my life. There's not a single day that goes by that I don't have prayers full of gratitude. I don't need to be worried about the material things that this world has to offer. There's so much I still don't know about the gospel and I just want to soak it all up. This life is only one short moment. I don't want to waste it being concerned with the lifestyles of those I'm not even friends with. I just want it to be about helping people and learning and growing and striving to be the best possible version of myself. I know this all sounds so cheesy, but it's just something I've thought about lately and today it was all really put into perspective for me. There is nothing greater than the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I can't believe what a blessing it is to have it in my life. The Atonement, the scriptures, a living prophet...I'm spoiled. Anyway, watching that video made my whole day. I just love Sundays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment