"I Kept A Promise. That Was It."

Friday, March 18, 2011

Do YOU know what day it is?!?!



Hahahaha Oh my gosh.....I obviously love to hate this song. She is a super cute girl. Like if I met her in real life, I know I'd be like "Oh my gosh! She is so stinkin cute!!!" So. I won't bash. Plus, she actually has a pretty good voice! Dang her and her freakin catchy tunes that get stuck in your head all day. That's it. I'm determined to become an internet sensation thanks to youtube.

Ok. I won't lie. Today was NOT a fun day for me. At least the work part of it. I was seriously having such a terrible time. First, we were out of all the needed yogurts. Which actually, really isn't that shocking. But it is frustrating and stressful. Then I got 3 orders wrong (one I made the wrong size-too small, another just didn't like the taste (although in my defense, it was the best one I think I've made yet) and the Boba was a weird texture because someone cooked it wrong and someone complained), I was hearing how one of the past employees was annoyed by me being new there, and I spilled a raspberry smoothie ALL OVER my WHITE work shirt. Literally ALL over it. It was just not fun at all.

Anyway, then I got home and was watching the Land Before Time with my nephews and just hanging out with them and it totally changed my mood. I love those little kiddies. They are seriously the smartest, funniest, just best kids on the planet. Then after I got them into bed, I watched It Can Happen To You (which is based on a true story!) which in case you haven't seen it, it's about a cop who is short on a tip with this waitress. So he promises that he will come back tomorrow and either give her half of his lottery winnings, or give her a double sized tip. And when we wins, he actually keeps his promise! The rest of the movie is cute and I won't give it away. But. I've told you how I love to sit and curl up and watch movies. This is no exception. Plus, it has GREAT music. Can't go wrong with that!

But it reminded me that my life is actually pretty great (awesome family, good job, great school) and that there are decent, good people out there (AND ones who believe all people are still good, like me! I'm NOT crazy!) and I just got to thinking, "I hope I'm a pretty decent person." That if my life changed completely and I became rich that I would use it to open a restaurant and have a table just for those who can't afford a meal or rent out and take poor kids to a baseball stadium for the whole day!...Not run off to every store I could never go into and buy things just because I can and get annoyed when my husband kept giving it away.

[Side note: Erin and Mike brought me a big piece of the pizookie they make with their friends home! AND they are letting me stay with them! They're DEFINITELY on my Favorite People list!]

So here's to me trying to be actually a good person. Someone a person would want to be friends with. Some who will "Be a best friend, tell the truth, overuse 'I love you', go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense, never let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy." Haha Great words to live by. I'm actually kind of tired, so this post is short and might not make much sense. But I have a new outlook. I am just going to strive to be a great person. More like Christ....I guess that's been the goal all along though? Ah shoot. :) Goodnight you awesome, amazing people you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment