Mang Tang

Monday, March 7, 2011

So I was supposed to be doing that blog challenge...buuut...I feel like some of them are sort of boring. But maybe I'll tune into the fun ones. Haha Anyway, one of them is to talk about your job. I'd be tickled to!


I know it sounds SO lame, but I've always wanted to work in a Frozen Yogurt shop. I don't know why. It's like a fantasy I've had. I think it's because when I was little and watched Grease, Frenchie worked there and it always looked so yummy and fun! I know, I'm strange. So thank you Mango Tango for letting me live out my dreams!
**Sorry the link is in Spanish. I looked EVERYWHERE! It's the only PERFECT one...just...en espanol.

First of all, I get to work with Rae. Which is awesome!! Granted, we've worked together maybe four times, but she's such a good worker and any time I need something, she helps out right away. Pluuus we get to talk the entire time. Definitely no complaints about that! It makes the shift pass sooo quickly too. Gosh, I hope we get to work together more. Love you doll!

The other best part is the Regulars. I LOVE having them come in. Soo...since I'm supposed to talk about my job, I'll tell you all about them!

The Laundry Mat Man
Laundry Mat Guy is hilarious. He always comes in with I think his daughter, but eeeverytime, he tells me he's going to pay in quarters. Why? "Because I own a laundry mat. I got plenty'a quarters!" He's cute. And he always counts it out in front of me (thank you!) and gives me a little tip. He's so friendly (picture a car salesman on a commercial-that's him) and always wears a baseball cap, socks with sandals, and a mustache.

Auto Zone Employee
He might be my favorite. One of my most favorite things is when people come in and "sneak" yogurt. This guy is kind of big, but in the cute way (like my daddy) and works next door and he's pretty new at his job, but he came in and said he had to "survey the place" and he told me that when he first pulled up on his first day of work, he & his wife were looking at the places he could eat lunch at. Well she saw Mango Tango and she said "Oooh no. No no. Give me your debit card. I know what that means." Haha After he told me all this, he set down this giant cup of yogurt and said "Well if I'm gonna break the rules, I might as well go all out right?" What a cutie. He's hilarious & super nice.

Thai Tea Guy
It's pretty self explainatory. But he's cool. He has this kind of hippie vibe going, but it's more like..an adventure hippie, if that makes sense. He's scruffy and usually wears a headband across his forehead. He always talks to me while I make his smoothie and recently, he told me he's going on a motorcycle road trip with his friends across the US! I told him HOW jealous I was and we were talking about all these places he had to visit. And he is the only person I ever say "The usual?" to. I hope it makes him feel cool (since I've always wanted someone to say that to me! Haha) He's pretty chill maaan.

Oversized Yogurt Man
He's also a little bigger, but is SO friendly! Every single time, he gets a twenty ounce and FILLS it, but never puts any toppings on it. And it doesn't matter how much extra it is, he always gives me a giant tip! (And by giant, I mean at least a whole dollar, which actually is a TON! Haha)

The High School Sweethearts
Oh my heck. They are the CUTEST things!!! The girl is Asian (and really pretty) and the guy has scruffy long hair and always wears a beanie with his hands in his pockets while she holds onto his arm. He looks like the kind of guy that if you saw him on the street, you'd think he could care less about anyone or anything. But every time she looks or giggles at him, he lights up. It's so stinkin cute. They always come in and get one smoothie to share (he always lets her pick) but they always end up getting a second one. Then they sit at a table and study or read together, but always laugh and hold hands and it's just dang cute. Take my word for it.

Cake Batter Lady
Alright. Normally, I love the regulars. They make me feel good. This woman is SO annoying. Rachel can vouch for me. She comes in pretty close to opening time, but always before, and since she's early, I'm not quiiite done with the machines yet. So she always says "How much longer are you gonna be?" and politely, I say "Oh, it's basically done." and she continues to try EVERY SINGLE FLAVOR. And she comes in every single day, so it's not like they're different. Then she buys cake batter eeevery single morning. Has to try every single one, but ALWAYS gets cake batter. And ok, I can deal with that. But! There's more. She's also rude, clearly obsessed with tanning, and talks to Jee in a baby voice. [Weird story: So obviously, this happened today, and maybe I just didn't notice or was just especially annoyed by it today, but she comes in yelling "Helloooo" to Jee (in her baby voice, yes) and when I went to put the spill tray on the machine, she said "How much longer for the chocolate?" but she said it in seriously the scariest, deepest, non-emotional voice I've ever heard from a woman. So scary that I actually thought she had something in her throat and thought she'd ask again, but she just stared at me until finally I figured out she'd been talking. It was so scary. What the heck, you can speak to me cheerfully?! I work here too lady! And I get your stupid cake batter filled eeeveryday knowing you'll Eeyore-walk in any minute when I least expect you! Meanie]

Ok this is turning into the longest post ever. But I just love my job. Where else do you get to snack on leftover Bobas, sample yogurts all day, and talk to the NICEST people and make the day for little kids? Plus I always get to work with Jee and that is fun even if we see barely any customers. Haha She's so great. Everyone's great! My job is great!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment