Rain & Relaxing

Monday, March 21, 2011

So it's raining right now. A lot.

In fact, right now I can hear it beating on the window. And it's not like the nice trickily rain. It sounds more like the heavy rain that comes down sideways so you can't avoid it. But I love it.

Today was such a good day. Like just an honest good day. Nothing fancy about it. We woke up and Erin, Mason, and I all helped Carter make a tube sock caterpillar for school. I was a little late actually getting ready, so I looked decent, but felt no where near pretty. AND my stomach was having it's monthly pains. But Erin and Rachel both just would rub my back or shoulders or even just a "Aw...poor Ash" is like SO comforting. They are just the sweetest sisters I could ever ask for (yes, you too Qiarra) and once church started, that was all I needed. Two amazing mission farewells (TWO! How lucky am I?!) and a great talk by a young guy. Then I had an AMAZING Gospel Essentials class, and got to sit by Michelle (who I think is just the coolest, cutest little person. I just love her) so I was definitely spiritually fed. Relief society reassured me once again that I definitely have the right church. It's perfect. I love this gospel and it's the single-handed most important thing in my life. Nothing in this world should ever come before it. It's just awesome.

Then we came home, everyone ate while I got to talk to my very best friend in the whole wide world on the phone (I was fasting and wanted a solid fast) then I came out and finally ate-peanut butter and honey sandwich. And let me tell you, it...was....DIVINE. Like...I have forgotten my love for those guys. And then Erin, Rachel, and I all tried to take a nap (but was awakened by my phone going off and a distant "Mamaaa?" from the other room) so Rachel & I took a little nap on our bed. Then I feel a little hand shaking my arm and a couple giggles and open my eyes to Mason & Carter smiling, asking if I would make them a peanut butter & "jehwee" sandwich, to which I was thrilled to do. Erin was snuggled up trying to take a nap on the couch, I made Mason a peanut butter & honey sandwich (which he preferred) and played Twister while sis finally got to take a little nap. Then, one by one, everyone started to wake up (including poor little Mike who has been coughing up a lung AND maybe the rest of the ribcage the last few days) and Erin & I watched while Mike wrestled with the kiddies. They were cracking up while Erin and I were nervously watching, waiting for someone to actually get hurt...not a scratch. Then Rae came in and we all pitched in to help pick up the house, organize games and puzzles, and had a great dinner (spaghetti with meat sauce, gralic bread, and salad-carrots for me & Rae).

Then once the kids were in bed, the sisters all went and watched When In Rome (which was perfect for Sunday because there were seriously NO bad parts!!) and Rae & I stayed up to watch one more-Someone Like You. Now I'm just sitting here listening to the rain.

The point I guess I'm showing myself is that I try to make my life so fun & exciting all the time, when really, all I need is to take it easy and enjoy what I have around me! I loved the mellow day! I'm genuinely happy! So maybe I should stop trying to make my life so awesome, because really, it already is! It just clicked for me today. Just relaxing on a Sunday and being around people who love me and are happy to be around me. It's just like what President Uchtdorf said in one of my all-time favorite talks, Of Things That Matter Most (if you've never seen it, you can watch it here. It's incredible)...

There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity that we sometimes do not appreciate in our thirst for intricate solutions.


1 comments:

Qiarra said...

ash u know me too well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) hahahahah

Post a Comment