Old Maid?

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I CANNOT believe I'm 22!!!!! This is how I feel about my birthday. (Well at least the until 1:07)

I love birthdays. And when I say I love birthdays, I mean I LOVE birthdays. Especially mine. Haha Conceited? Maybe. But this is how I feel. I love decorating for other people's birthdays, I love surprising them with presents, food, the happiness, the celebrating all JUST for you...it's like your own personal holiday. Haha Anyway, shall I tell you about my day? Okay!

So at 12:00am (after I was juuust about to fall asleep) my mom comes in with this little number...

That was hilarious. I love when my mom is just as excited about things as I am. It makes it so much more fun. Love you Mommy. But. I couldn't really fall back asleep. So after I fiiinally did (like an hour later) and I get a wake up call I swear 5 minutes later. (Not really, it was like 8am) My family comes in singing Happy Birthday (so cute) and we went downstairs and had donuts (I know, not orange rolls, but it's okay. My daddy forgot and got donuts instead. I'm easy to please) and I opened this little guy!
Then I had to RUSH to get ready for church. Went to church. Then I was sooo tired and sooo ready for a nap, but I had to eat really quick (I made a sandwich with the Hawaiian Sweet buns-AMAZING lunch) and then I headed off to work for 4 hours. Yes. I know, not only working on a Sunday but it's my birthday. But, hey, I had to. Plus, what better birthday present than giving myself a little sum'um sum'um on my next paycheck. It was fun though. Shawn and I basically just talked the whole shift. Haha

So then, dad comes and picks me up. We go home and I take probably a million pictures with Qiarra, freshen up, talk to my best friend on skype while everyone is heading over, come down and had YUMMY cake with the family, Sam and her kiddies, and the Thompsons. So good. My dad made the BEST cake-top layer was vanilla, in the middle was vanilla pudding, and the bottom was chocolate. Plus we had Cool Whip as frosting. Perfectly light and not sugary & buttery-just the way I wanted! Thanks Daddy! And thanks Mom for giving him the idea and making sure I got exactly what kind of dessert I wanted! I have the BEST family ever.


Then we all just hung out and talked like we always do. That was fun. Then everyone left, and the missionaries came over! They made me a cool missionary shirt and signed it. It was so nice. Plus, I talked to my other best friend, Sibster, on the phone for a while! (Sundays talks are BACK in business!) Now I'm sitting here getting ready to go to bed so I can get up early, register for classes, take Qiarra to school, go running, and then go to work. Ahh. Well it was nice while it lasted. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than last year's. Ugh. Horrible birthday. Of course I missed all my friends, but it was nice to have my family and friends here. I love my birthday.

I just can't believe I'm 22. I always thought I would be married by now when I was little. Plus everyone kept reminding me how old I'm getting and how they were married or even had kids by my age. Aw crap. But! I have not given up hope! (Alex-you and me baby!) It's so weird how fast time goes. I've been alive 22 years!! I mean look at how much I've just grown!

Man. I can't get over it. I feel like such a grown up. I remember being little and looking at all the grown ups. They were in their early 20s and I thought they were so so old. I was thinking "Oh my gosh, someday I'm going to be a mom who wears skirts and jewelry and make-up...I'm going to be one of them!" And now it's here! Time flies. I tell ya. Anyway, AMAZING birthday. Thank you so so much family for everything today and making me feel so special! And thank you to aaall my friends who called, texted, facebooked, whatever. It made my day. I love you guys! And...... I love my birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment