Pappy's Half A Century Old!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY
to the best dad in the whole wide world
I know, I know. Everyone says that about their fathers. But seriously though. I have such an amazing dad. He doesn't obviously look very happy in this picture (don't let him fool you though) but it's the most recent one I have of just the two of us. He's been SUCH a blessing to have in my life and I would never want anyone else to be my "pa." I cannot believe he is 50 years old! He's still such a little kid! He's hilarious. I think it's so funny that he is so calm & cool in front of other people, but getting to be his family, we get to see his crazy side. Wrestling with his girls (yes, including mom), pretending to take us down like a cop, poking fun by making little jokes, his dancing, making everyone crack up when we get him to break into a smile or a laugh...He's just so awesome. He's very old school and I've always admired that about him. He was raised to work hard and be just a good person & he's installed that same thing into us kids. I love that he still watches White Christmas and It's A Wonderful Life around the holidays instead of jumping right to Home Alone or Elf or something. I think it's so cool that he & I can listen to the same music and have the same love for ol Frank Sinatra. In fact, on trips, he even lets me control the radio!! Not many parents give their kids that kind of freedom! And he is such a great listener. As I've grown older, I've learned not just to appreciate the fact that he works his butt off for me all day long, but that after a long day, he would still be willing to sit and listen to me talk & talk. And he's not the kind that interrupts all the time-he just sits and listens until I take a breather and then offers a tiny piece of his thoughts. I definitely appreciate the fact that he takes time to see both sides. If I ever have an arguement with my mom, he'll take me aside and ask me to explain my side. It's definitely helped. He has also always been a spiritual rock in my life (although he may not know it) and has always gotten his family up & ready for church-exactly what I want my future husband to be like. It's nice to know that he actually cares and wants all of us to turn out right. My dad worries & cares enough to wait up for us aaall night on the couch if he has to. If I call him from school, the first thing he always asks is "Do you need anything? Do you have groceries? How are your grades?" Haha But I love that he loves to just be with his family. We don't even have to be doing anything, maybe just watching a movie together in the bonus room. But we always have such a fun time and we always miss dad when he's not around. He's the hardest worker I know. Seriously. If he's not actually at work, he's here helping my mom by doing things around the house. I obviously won't write everything here, because one, he probably will only read it when someone shows it to him, and two-there is no way I could write it all here. But he is just the greatest guy I know and I love how our relationship has turned out. My dad is my hero and a best friend, a great grandpa (yes, he's a spoiler to Erin's kids) and just a stud muffin. I'm so so beyond blessed to have him in my life and I hope I've been able to give him even a little something back. That little guy means the world to me. Haha
I love you very very much Fajah!!!! Have the best birthday ever!!......"Man, that's so random."

0 comments:

Post a Comment