Beautiful Burlesque!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am exhausted today. Oh my gosh. I really am turning into an old woman....it's only a matter of time until I throw my back out.

Two cool things happened today: One, my wittle baby sister followed in the footsteps of her big sisters and had her first colorguard performance, which was aaactually a competition. I would've filmed it but my dad said if they catch you, they find the school you're here for...and that's all he said. But. It sounded dangerous. Anyway. Competition. SO cool to watch.
I mean look at this girl!! You can't tell because I took this picture RIGHT after they had finished, but she was smiley, she nailed every single move (she says she messed up once, I never saw such a thing), she was sharp, and I literally was squealing watching her!! She is a natural. And if you heard the song, the tempo is pretty fast, and it didn't throw her off at all. Gosh, I just can't say enough about how proud I am of her. Rachel and I obviously tried to embarrass her by calling out her name and cheering and doing the wave...she wasn't bothered. What a waste.
We all went to support her, including Erin, and I think I can say that even at middle school age, there are some seriously talented kids and you could tell everyone worked really hard and tried their best and that completely made the competition worth watching. Great job Qiarra!!!
My dad's smile is so fake, you should just call it Taco Bell. Haha
Well, what can you do? Haha And my favorite picture of the day...


I'm so proud of my little sis and ALL the hard work she put into her performance!! I love you Nic!!

The other cool thing...ha. Pun intended.....was that it was literally raining while it was SO SO sunny outside today. What. In. The world?! And us sisters got to go out to lunch, just the three of us while the old folks came home and took a nap. Jeez. Haha But it was cute. I took both their cell phones away so we would all actually talk, and I've got to say, I have some hilarious characters in the ol fam. All in all, I'd say it was one awesome day. And!! We didn't have to pack! Hallelujah!! Or work!! So. Quite the day, but now I am going to bed. Not even saying a clever goodbye.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ash, really?? If we got caught video-taping, they would FINE the school, as in a penalty involving money, not FIND the school...doofus!

Unknown said...

Dad most definitely said "They will FIND the school" And even if he didn't, the d & e in both words are basically silent when said. So. I was right.

Post a Comment